Thursday, April 2, 2009

What day is it?

I had one of those weird days where you feel like you're supposed to be somewhere else. It started earlier in the week when I scheduled an earring making class for my craft group. Then I realized the magazine was doing a fashion show that night and I should probably attend. But I wasn't sure if I had to and if it was worth cancelling a class I had a couple people signed up for. I went ahead and canceled it which was good 'cause when I came in the next morning they asked me to be a model in the show!

So I helped organize the clothes and figured out what I was going to wear yesterday. I thought it was fortunate that I had Thursday free then was scheduled to work at the hospital on Friday. This morning an old co-worker called me to see if I'd be at the hospital and wanted to get lunch. I wasn't so we made plans to hang out another time. Then this afternoon I got a call from the hospital. Apparently I was supposed to work there today not tomorrow. But we looked at the schedule and saw that the dates had been written in incorrectly so it was an easy mistake to make.

I got ready and left for the show. Turns out to be a good thing I went 'cause I felt closer to my co-workers and they really appreciated me helping out. It was a lot of fun too! Julian came along with some girls from my knitting group then Julian joined me for the afterparty at a nearby French restaurant.

So if the schedule hadn't been written incorrectly I would have had to work today and wouldn't have been in the show. I have a feeling this is going to lead to something more substantial. Maybe I've just been watching too much Lost recently. There's all these debates on the show about time travel and how you can't change what's meant to be. That got me and Julian talking about alternate realities and how time isn't always a straight line. I'm not sure what the truth is but I'm pretty happy right now so I'm glad I've ended up where I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment